Saturday, March 8, 2008

Divine Faithfulness BVC# 3

I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Psalm 57:9-10

Sorry, I'm a little late in posting this morning. You don't want to hear all the details, but lets just say, life is full of challenges! Hey, it's March 8th...Divine Design day = ) !! I love these projects! This is my card and scripture for the month. God is faithful and loving. Sometimes that's hard to wrap our minds around when life brings uncertainly and challenge. I've been reading in Psalms this month for my devotions and I've been reminded of God's unfailing love & faithfulness! To see more about the Divine Design Monthly Challenge & how it all got started...click HERE to see the January posting! Here are the links to the other Scripture Chicks and their awesome March projects~

Lori Craig ~ Make A Difference

Angel Wilde ~ Angelosity

Jami Sibley ~ More is More

Taylor Van Bruggen ~ Taylored Expressions

My daughter, Megan, chose a wonderful scripture from Romans. She's selecting a scripture each month & I'm making a bookmark for her. I can't seem to get a decent photo of this one. I've tried on a variety of days in various lighting...but this is the best I can get (sorry!). It really is pretty irl, but you'll have to take my word for it = ) ~

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials. For we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation, and this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love. Romans 5:3-5

Megan know about problems and trials, as well as endurance. She's a distance runner, at college on scholarship to run...but since arriving at college 18 months ago, she's been faced with a variety of personal & athletic challenges, including one illness and injury after another that has prevented her from competing or training to her full potential. All of this has been entirely beyond her control, so as you can imagine, it's been pretty frustrating for her. As you can see by the scripture she chose, her heart is steadfast for the Lord. Even amidst the disappointments, she still loves God with all her heart and chooses to trust Him, one day at a time.

Our scriptures today remind of a song...Praise You In The Storm ~ Click HERE to see the video and hear that great song by Casting Crowns!

I'm off to check out the other Scripture Chick's Projects! You can jump in at anytime and play along...and I hope you will!! Click HERE for more details from my first post. Lori Craig is heading up the project over at SCS and you can Click HERE for all those details! If you upload to SCS, be sure and use the keywords ~ BVC08. The whole goal is to create a project that will help you to memorize Scripture...whether it be a card, an index card, a journal...whatever works for you!

Supplies for my card ~

Stamps: Sprinkles, Computer generated verse

Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea DP

Ink: Soft Sky & Brown ink from the computer

Accessories: HPH Silver ribbon pull, 1/4" polytwill choc chip ribbon, 1 1/4", 1 3/8" & Scallop Circle Punch, Photo corner punch, Silver brads, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Paper piercing tool

Supplies for Meg's Bookmark~

Stamps: Merci, Computer generated verse

Ink: Basic gray, computer gray ink

Paper: Regal Rose, Wasabi, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Crew Kids Girls DP

Accessories: Crew Kids Girls SSK, self adhesive pink rhinestones, 5/8" Regal Rose gg ribbon, Love & Happiness Rub-ons, Ticket Corner Punch, SU Markers (Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Olive & Celery), Dazzling Diamonds

Have an AWESOME Day = ) !!!

15 comments:

Lori Craig said...

What a blessing! Your message is pure, your project is beautiful! I love your daughter's bookmark, as well. What a joy her to join us in this project! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you so much for this posting today. It couldn't have come at a better time. I am going through the most challenging period of my life right now and have been struggling to understand why God would send this my way. The passage your daughter used reminds me that there is a reason behind it all, and I just need to be strong and let God see me through. Thank you!!

Angel said...

Your projects are beautiful as usual! I love the scriptures you chose as well.

Corie said...

Both of these are just so gorgeous!!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful projects, Nancy and Megan! Thank you for the inspirational scriptures ... I needed that today!!!

Haylie said...

Awesome job on the challenge. What a blessing this challenge is! Beautiful work!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nancy - both projects are really wonderful! The verse in Psalms is such a beautiful reminder and it's very refreshing also to see scripture through a college student's eyes.

-Jami

msfitzie said...

I'm praying that the Devine Design Challenge will continue as a regular monthly design from here on....
I am making them for myself and for my prayer partner, and as you know "Prayer Never Ceases" so please continue this challenge. The beauty of the design and the Power of the Words....are a feast to the eye and a wonderful help to memorizing. THANK YOU

Jeannie said...

Both of the scripture projects are beautiful! You did such a good job on them! Thank you again for sharing! Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Love your scripture project. Absolutely beautiful. I have a question - where do you get your scripture stamps. I have been looking for some. I have SU's but would like to add to my collection.
Thank you for sharing such wonderful projects.

Jen Glover said...

I love that Casting Crowns song too! Beautiful work! I can't wait for my two year old to start working with me! ~~~~

Donna Baker said...

these are beautiful, that's sweet your daughter & you are sharing this special time in the Lord together.

Dawn Easton said...

Nancy, both the projects are fabulous. Lovely choice of scriptures.

Taylor said...

So pretty! I love the verses you chose and how you're doing a scripture bookmark each month! I'll have to try that one of these times! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Casting Crows and thank you for sharing the video!

It's taken me three months of oohing and ahhing at the wonderful projects before I felt ready to take the plunge! Thank you and the other scripture chicks for providing such a wonderful inspiring monthly challenge! I'm determined to do one this month!

Megan's scripture choice is a great reminder for me this week for sure!